This is cool as hell to me, Thing 2 is just this thoughtful to think this is a fabulous and much needed way too many in this world: The simplest things can bring perspective
A Lokai bracelet
The white bead has water from the highest point on earth, from Mt Everest. The white bead represents life’s highest moments; it’s at those times you feel on top of the world and its most important to stay humble.
Now, the black bead Stay Hopeful it holds mud from the Dead Sea; the lowest point on earth, signifying the difficult moments you experience throughout life. Even through life’s lowest moments stay hopeful.
So what’s it all mean really? A friend and I came to some small conclusions maybe here in our conversation:
- I think it would a nice simple reminder when things are good or bad to remember to be grateful for the good or to remember the bad times don’t last forever.
- That’s exactly it, so you need to curse at the black bead, it’s ok really, tomorrow will be better, we just need to remember the “humble” part i think. I know I do
- I understand. It’s real easy to forget to be humble and to be grateful as they are usually taken for granted.
- I think grateful comes, but it is an afterthought a lot of times, not meant to be but it happens
- I totally agree and think that is spot on
- I’m a positive person and I notice it more and more because I’ve been noticing very negative folks lately, We all have bad days, but i cannot dwell on stuff, I’d rather try to change it and move away from negative
- I don’t want to sound mean or above anything or anyone, I’m not at all, but i’d rather be around positive people…
Does it make you a bad person to curse the black bead? of course not! Everyone has had terrible experiences, just awful and negative things happen to us, to say different would be a lie. However, the purpose, as I see it anyhow, is to actually see it for what it is, decide to change it, it should not define you. But that’s me, what this silly thing called life has taught me along the way
So much can change, in a heartbeat, if you are willing to let it, willingly choose to be positive; so much changes in a heartbeat, even if you chose the negative. Why not try the positive? We all can see how negativity produces negativity. Change of scenery could possibly change ones outlook. Be it the actual scenery or the negative folks around you. I knew this older lady once who found nothing but the negative in her life and rarely, if ever, anything positive. How sad her life was, but she was damned well not going to change anything about it, it baffled me to think that misery was her life. I no longer have real reason to wonder about her, I’m quite positive she is very alone in that misery and negativity still because rarely did she find happiness in anything that I could ever see. Well into her 60’s maybe 70’s now, I doubt she can even figure that change would have done her so much good if she’d chosen more wisely.
As the day passes, the hours or even the minutes, you could just find yourself in all your complexities, all the good around you shining in such a way, you then realize it’s time to be humble as the white bead signifies. Then grateful comes…as it should. The days “on top of the world” humbled, grateful and yes, even blessed.
Life is short, we make choices some good some bad, choose wisely so you don’t necessarily only live to curse at the black bead.